Alternative EarthCare Shares 5 Fall Aeration and Seeding Tips for Long Island Residents
LONG ISLAND, N.Y.,
August 12, 2020
Alternative EarthCare has been providing quality residential and commercial services across Long Island, New York since 1996. Specializing in mosquito, flea, and Hampton’s tick control service, traditional lawn services (including aeration and seeding), irrigation system services, tree removal and pruning, and Christmas and holiday light installation, the team of professionals successfully caters to your needs in the least toxic, most organic way possible.
After a long summer, aeration and seeding prepare lawns for a beauteous next year and repairs damage caused by the months of heat, scorching sun, and more frequent foot traffic. Aeration loosens soil, allowing grass roots to reach deeper for water, air, and nutrients. Aeration also reduces soil compaction letting ground water seep into the dirt for a healthier and lusher lawn. As the Autumn approaches, it’s also the time to overseed to fill in lawn areas that have thinned or burnt out for a lush lawn in the upcoming year. Fall is the perfect time to repair and prepare lawns. The weather is still warm enough to encourage growth, but mild enough to allow vegetation to flourish. Alternative EarthCare shares five aeration and seeding tips for Suffolk County residents.
- Be diligent about watering before aeration and overseeding For best aeration and seeding results, begin to prepare the property with a consistent watering schedule before the task to assist with germination. Before germination, use small amounts of water frequently.
- Address aeration and seeding together for best results Ensure that your lawn maintenance company uses a mechanical aerator and overseeds at the same time of aeration. Mechanical aerators remove soil plugs every couple of inches in crisscross patterns to ensure random plug placement. Seeing to the overseeding simultaneously ensures that the seeds are then spread out in a natural and even coating within the plug chambers assisting in germination.
- Utilize a professional When it comes to property maintenance, expertise is invaluable. Property appearance impacts curb appeal and make a big difference in the overall presentation of your home. Professionals will customize the aeration, seeding, and other lawn maintenance approaches to be tailored to each unique property. Professionals use high-grade seeds and ensure that the type of seeds being used are customized to accommodate the landscape based on shade or sun exposure and soil type.
- Check your sprinkler system to ensure healthy growth Have the professionals ensure that your sprinkler system is working properly and is programmed to water the lawn twice daily, beginning right after overseeding. Until the new grass is at mowing height, watering should be consistent to maintain approximately a ¼ inch of moist top soil. While in the preparation stages, watering should occur frequently but in small doses; after germination watering should occur less frequently, but should occur for longer periods, approximately between 45 minutes to an hour, two to three times a day. Professionals will set up sprinkler systems accordingly.
- Use an all-encompassing professional lawn care company The best way to ensure that all lawn processes are coordinated to work together properly and that customized products are used to accommodate your unique property, is to utilize a lawn care service that can do it all. From lawn care to sprinkler system maintenance, and from tree and shrub maintenance to pest control, using a company that addresses all of these issues will provide better results and ensure the sustainability of the landscape.
Serving both Suffolk and Nassau County, including the East End and the Hamptons, Alternative EarthCare offers a variety of organic, non-toxic lawn care services for your home or business. In addition to beautifying and maintaining properties, the award-winning staff is also dedicated to the safety and health of their customers.